Thursday 25 October 2012

Intial Idea for dissertation

I intend to make for my dissertation a working piece of game play that will not only show my strong design skills but also that i am competent across the development pipeline.

My game will be a 3rd person avoider game in which the player must navigate their way through a maze of different rooms, whist trying to stay ahead of the enemy who is constantly behind them. There will be puzzle elements in each room that the player must over come to progress through the game.   
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi

    Ok, do you have a link to any type of game you are thinking of. At the moment this is quite sparse. Lots of people are attempting puzzle games. I have nothing against this, but you might want to think about some other mechanic that might be interesting to implement. For example a 'managing mechanic' could be easily adapted to make an avoider type game and would not require you to perhaps make so many unique puzzles or rooms, just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kayleigh. I really need to see more work going up on the blog. I need to see some evidence from the annotated bibliography so i can comment on that. Examples of the sort of avoider games you are thinking of, this will give us a handle on he scope of the project, a skills list, so that you can begin to prioritise that. You will then have something you can use to produce a realistic timeline. Without these things it is very difficult for me or the team to offer you timely feedback on your proposal prior to submission.

    rob

    ReplyDelete