Sunday 11 November 2012

Production timeline


Project milestones

The way I will manage this project will be to use a combination of agile and waterfall development processes. I will use the waterfall milestones for setting out what will be required to be delivered at certain development stages. I will use agile and scrum methodology to help me manage what I am doing in between these milestones.

Milestone 1 – design
By the 1st December I intent to have the design finalized as well as a fully iterated grey box of the level ready for review. This will consist of one sprint.

Milestone 2 – Technical development
By the 25th January I am intending to code the grey box fully and have the mvp version of this game ready for review. This will consist of two sprints

Milestone 3 - art asset development and integration
 By the 11th March I intent to have refined my already grey boxed art assets and to implemented new ones with the code. This will consist of two sprints

Milestone 4 – testing and refinement
I will use this time to fully test and polish my game. This includes the creation of menus and sounds. This will be done by the 19th April. This will consist of one sprint.

26th April – 17th May contingency time
I will keep this time as contingency in case any issues arise during the production process. I will also use it as extra testing time to ensure my game is market appropriate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment